All sales are final! You will have up to one week prior to the first day of your scheduled trip to cancel or reschedule for a credit to be used for a future trip with J&M Car Services Inc. Your credit will reflect your original reservation and will need to be used in the same type of scheduling manner in which it was originally booked and can not be pieced out over time. If you cancel or fail to cancel within a week of your reservation you will lose your full fare which is considered your deposit and all deposits are non-refundable. If you book a trip within 24 hours of your scheduled trip and cancel within those 24 hours after confirming your booking there will be no refunds and you will lose your full fare. “No Show charges” will apply in the following event. “No show charges” are an additional $50 charge on top of your non-refundable fare. A no show charge is implemented by J&M Car Service in the case that the Client fails to show up to the scheduled pick-up location or if the client fails to call us before their driver is dispatched to the scheduled pickup location or if your grace period has expired.
Data Collected to Manage Your Membership
We do not transport children under the age of 18 without the accompaniment of an adult. We will not transport any children who are required to be in a car seat or a booster seat without the proper car seat or booster seat for that child. See California Highway Patrol requirements for more details.
Rates, terms, & conditions are subject to change without prior notification.
Special rates, extended minimums, and alternate cancellation policies may apply on special event days. Tolls and parking charges are additional. All rates are calculated in the local currency and billed in U.S. dollars at the prevailing exchange rate.
The time of arrival at the starting point, stop-over point, destination, or return to the point of origin cannot be guaranteed. Travel speed limits are prescribed by law, and Your driver is instructed to travel at all times at speeds compatible with safe operation. Road, traffic, and weather conditions are beyond the control of the Company and the Driver and no refunds shall be given as a result of late arrivals due to such conditions or other occurrences out of the control of the Company or the Driver.
Baggage and Other Property Transported
The Company does not assume any responsibility whatsoever for the handling or maintenance of any baggage, parcels, or other property. Baggage and all other personal property will be handled only at the Client’s own risk. The client’s baggage shall be carried subject to the available accommodations.
Objectionable Persons related to
The Company reserves the right to refuse to transport persons under the influence of intoxication liquor or drugs, who are or are likely to become objectionable to other persons, or if the Chauffeur feels threatened in any way.
Conduct of Passengers related to
The client shall not interfere with the Chauffeur in the discharge of his/her duty or tamper with any apparatus or appliance on the vehicle. Prohibition of Weapons, Explosives, Oxygen, Pets, Livestock, And Other Dangerous Or Unusual Cargo Weapons of any type, including firearms, are strictly forbidden on any Equipment (whether in baggage or on the person) at any time. Transportation of explosives, fireworks, and other flammable, combustible, toxic, or otherwise dangerous material or items or pets or livestock of any kind is also strictly forbidden, even if intended to be transported in the baggage compartment of the vehicle. If previously approved by the Company, oxygen for medical use is permitted but is so used at the sole responsibility of the Client.
If during or after the transportation service, the Company is required to expend a greater than normal amount of time and material to clean the vehicle due to acts of the Client, the Company, at its option, may charge Client additional fees to cover such additional time and materials.
Limitation of Liability
THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT OR FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS OF PROFITS ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IT IS EXPRESSLY AGREED THAT THE COMPANY SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR AN AMOUNT GREATER THAN THE SINGLE FARE FEE FOR THE DAY IN QUESTION.
The Company shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performing its obligations under the Service Contract, and the Company shall not be deemed in breach of its obligations hereunder if such failure or delay is due to Acts of God, natural disasters, national, state or local states of emergency, acts of war or terrorism, labor strike or lock-out, or other industrial or transportation accident caused by any third party, any violation of the law, regulation or ordinance by any third party or any other cause not within the control of the Company.
This Policy and Terms, along with the Application for Corporate Credit and the Terms and Conditions listed on the Company’s website, constitute the Service Contract which is the entire agreement between the Company and Client and supersedes any other agreements, either oral or written concerning the subject matter hereof. If any provision of the Service Contract shall be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
This Agreement and its performance shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, United States of America without giving effect to applicable conflict of law provisions.
Arbitration – In the event, a dispute shall arise between the parties to this agreement is hereby agreed that the dispute shall be referred to the American Arbitration Association for three-person arbitration by its applicable Rules of Arbitration. The arbitrator’s decision shall be final and legally binding and judgment may be entered thereon. Each party shall be responsible for its share of the arbitration fees. In the event a party fails to proceed with arbitration, unsuccessfully challenges the arbitrator’s award, or fails to comply with the arbitrator’s award, the other party is entitled to costs of suit, including a reasonable attorney’s fee for having to compel arbitration or defend or enforce the award.
If the Client does not conform to the conditions stated in the Service Contract, the contract with the Client will be terminated with immediate effect without warning or written notice, and the payment made will be retained by the company.
Data Permissions & Location Permissions
No agent, employee, or representative of the Company is authorized to alter, modify, or waive requirements stated in the conditions of transportation or service.
Data Permissions & Location Permissions
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data.
The data we collect:
J&M and our Website collect:
• Data is provided by users through our Website such as during account registration.
• Data created during the use of our Website, such as location, app usage, and device data.
1. Data provided by users
• User profile: We collect data when users create or update their J&M accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), driver’s license, and other government identification documents (which may indicate document numbers as well as birth date, gender, and photo). This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers, emergency contact information, user settings, and evidence of health or fitness to provide services using our website.
• We may use the photos submitted by users to verify their identities.
• Background check and identity verification: We collect background check and identity verification information for drivers. This may include information such as driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law), and right to work. This information may be collected by OSBI ( Bureau of Investigation).
• User Content: We may collect the information users submit when they contact J&M customer support and provide ratings or compliments for other users. This may include feedback, photographs, or other recordings collected by users.
• J&M collects driver location data and links location data collected during a trip with their rider’s account, even if the rider has not enabled us to collect location data from their device. This enables us to offer services to the rider like receipt generation and customer support.
• Transaction Detailed: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, date and time the service was provided, the amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
• Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other through our website. For example, we enable drivers and riders, to call, and text. To provide this service, J&M receives some data regarding calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. J&M may also use this data for customer support services (including resolving disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
• User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or compliments.
• Users participating in our referral programs.
• J&M account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts.
• Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
• Insurance, vehicle.
• Affiliate transportation companies (for drivers who use our services through an account associated with such a company).
2. How we use personal data
J&M collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient transportation. We also use the data we collect:
• To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
• For customer support
• For research and development
• To enable communications between users
• To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
• In connection with legal proceedings( Insurance / Dispute cases)
J&M does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing. We may occasionally update this notice. Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law. We recommend that you read this along with our Guidelines / Safety / Covid-19 statement. which highlights key points about our privacy practices.
We guarantee all our vehicles are insured, clean, and sanitized. We guarantee all our drivers are vaccinated, punctual, and integral with great personalities who will make your Los Angeles experience a memorable one. We pride ourselves on offering top-tier hospitality to make each trip as comfortable, accommodating, and enjoyable as possible. We guarantee our prices are affordable, competitive, and budget-friendly for all our services. Most importantly we guarantee your safety and the safety of all your guests will be our highest priority.